Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lacerda, Wellington (AFIS)" <We...@fao.org> on 2000/11/27 11:22:41 UTC

Using SSL CA certificates

How can I use a C.A. real certificate with Tomcat SSL ? I want to add a test
certificate from Verisign.
Can you explain that with some detail, please ?

Many thanks,

Wellington

Re: Using SSL CA certificates

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Lacerda, Wellington (AFIS)" wrote:

> How can I use a C.A. real certificate with Tomcat SSL ? I want to add a test
> certificate from Verisign.
> Can you explain that with some detail, please ?

You are talking about a server certificate, right?  And running Tomcat
stand-alone?

The detailed steps are documented in comments in the "conf/server.xml" file for
whichever version of Tomcat you are using (3.2 or 4.0 only -- 3.1 doesn't
support SSL).  In particular, you will need to install the server certificate
using the command line tools included with JSSE 1.0.2 -- the user's guide that
comes with that package documents what is necessary.

> Many thanks,
>
> Wellington

Craig