Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Jeffrey Reynolds <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/14 20:23:40 UTC

ApacheDS and Samba

Howdy folks!  I realized that while I've been slamming my head against the wall trying to get ApacheDS to authenticate for my Samba server, that the issue may be the samba schema definition.  Everytime I try to log into using samba/apacheds, the apacheds logs so 10 entries about how the "sambapwdhistorylength" (I may have spelled that wrong) doesn't exist.  I've read about other such situations happening to people with different directory services, but when they fix the schema it works.  I figure that all I ahve to do is open Apache Directory Studio and throw it in, but I have no real experience in the subject of schema modification.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be more then happy to hear them.

Jeff

Re: ApacheDS and Samba

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 4/14/11 8:23 PM, Jeffrey Reynolds wrote:
> Howdy folks!  I realized that while I've been slamming my head against the wall trying to get ApacheDS to authenticate for my Samba server, that the issue may be the samba schema definition.  Everytime I try to log into using samba/apacheds, the apacheds logs so 10 entries about how the "sambapwdhistorylength" (I may have spelled that wrong) doesn't exist.  I've read about other such situations happening to people with different directory services, but when they fix the schema it works.  I figure that all I ahve to do is open Apache Directory Studio and throw it in, but I have no real experience in the subject of schema modification.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be more then happy to hear them.
>
> Jeff
Hi,

you can replace the samba schema we provide by the one the Samba team is
maintaining, or you can add the missing attribute type in the existing
samba.schema file.

You can follow the steps described in
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/31-add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html

Note that you must also enable the samba schema if you want to use it.

Hope it helps.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com