Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Rich Haase <rh...@pandora.com> on 2015/03/31 20:18:06 UTC

Error from "Test Connection" setting up ranger-knox-plugin in policy manager

Could someone please explain to me the cause of this error?  I’m assuming this is some sort of simple configuration mistake on my part, but I’ve not been able to find any documentation that explains the SSL setup sufficiently.

======
Connection Failed.
Exception on REST call to KnoxUrl : https://<host>:8443/gateway/admin/api/v1/topologies. You can still save the repository and start creating policies, but you would not be able to use autocomplete for resource names. Check xa_portal.log for more info.

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching <host> found.
java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching <host> found.
No name matching <host> found.

=====

I’ve replaced "<host>" with the actual hostname in the error messages.

Thanks,

Rich