Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by adm1n <ev...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/11 21:35:50 UTC

dataimport.properties not created/updated with solrcloud

Hi,

I have a problem with updating dataimport.properties - while running single
sold there is no problem at all. Everything works perfectly. But when I
switching to cloud configuration with 2 shards (like described in
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud ExampleA: Simple two shard cluster)
this file doesn't get updated any more. I'm looking for the jetty log and it
is totally free from warnings or errors.
Since I'm using DIH, dataimport.properties is essential for my deltas.
Read/Write permissions are ok for this file.

Any ideas how to fix it?

RE: dataimport.properties not created/updated with solrcloud

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingramcontent.com>.
Someone with more zookeeper knowledge than I have can better answer this, but there is code in place specifically for using DIH with SolrCloud to save the "dataimport.properties" file in an appropriate place.  The default path is:  /configs/{collection}/dataimport.properties  I'm not sure which node(s) this gets saved to.

You can see the code for this yourself at:  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x/solr/contrib/dataimporthandler/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/ZKPropertiesWriter.java

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

Posted by davers <db...@improvementdirect.com>.
I am also receiving this error.... how can we correct this?

RE: dataimport.properties not created/updated with solrcloud

Posted by adm1n <ev...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your response.

I saw the SOLR-3165, but can't really locate this different location. Even
when I searching for this file with find command.

According to the patch and warning message that I got (WARNING: Could not
read DIH properties from /configs/my_collection/dataimport.properties)
zookeeper tries to access file in undefined path.

How can I tell zookeeper to use $home/solr/my_collection/conf/ folder for
creating data import.properties?

RE: dataimport.properties not created/updated with solrcloud

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingramcontent.com>.
When using SolrCloud, the dataimport.properties file goes to a different location.  See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3165 for more information.

Also, while this feature works in 4.0.0, it is currently broken in (not-released) 4.1 ("branch_4x") and the development Trunk.  This should be fixed before 4.1 is released (committing the fix is just waiting on a unit test).  A patch is available at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4112 .  This is only a concern if you are using a nightly snapshot or building Solr yourself from a recent svn checkout.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311