Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Apurba Hazra <ap...@navsoft.in> on 2018/06/04 16:15:51 UTC

Parent product show in search result

Hello,

We are implementing solr search for our webseite using magento.

Our requirement is, in search result page we have to show only parent
product not all child product if the parent exist, otherwise we have to
show child product.

Will you please tell us how we can do that. Should we change setting in
solr panel as well as magento admin panel.

Please advice us, it's very urgent.

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Apurba Hazra*

*Project Manager*

*Navigator Software Pvt. Ltd.*
Web Applications /  Enterprise Mobility & Mobile Apps / Cloud Solutions /
E-Commerce / Bespoke and Product development / Enterprise CMS / Online POS /
VOIP Solutions / Internet Marketing / Business Intelligence & Analytics /
Dedicated Hiring Solutions.

www.needdevelopers.com
www.boostmysale.com
www.navsoft.in

20 Dr. E Moses Road, Mahalakshmi, Mumbai 400020
205 & 206 Haute Street Bldg., 86A Topsia Road; Kolkata 700046
Tel: (+91-33) 40259595 <00913340259595>

Re: Parent product show in search result

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@sease.io>.
Hi,
as far as I remember the Magento integration (at least the connector
version I worked with) doesn't have such capabilities, so if I remember
well and it is still valid, your need would require some custom (client)
code.

The alternative, which would move the search workflow entirely in Solr,
is to use a "composite" request handler which would execute the logic
you described. Everything would be completely transparent to the caller
(i.e. Magento).

You can find a working version of such component here [1].
It will exactly do what you need:

  * Run a first query with the parent filter query
  * in case of zero results, it will execute another query with the
    children filter

Again, everything would be transparent to the call, which would issue
one single query.

Best,
Andrea

[1] https://github.com/SeaseLtd/composite-request-handler