Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Nick Wood <nw...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/02 23:18:44 UTC

Canceling a replication taking a long time

$ time curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -X POST
http://admin:***@***:5984/_replicate
-d ' {"replication_id":
"31036d544cba80ac6c1ff0340b01e992+continuous+create_target", "cancel":
true} '
{"error":"not found"}

real 1m23.768s
user 0m0.004s
sys 0m0.006s

Most of the time replications delete very quickly, but if I try to cancel a
replication shortly after it's been started, sometimes it takes a very long
time - several minutes in some cases.

Any idea why cancelling a replication might take so long?

fyi, I had another process trying to delete this replication, which is why
this one got the not_found by the time it was handled.

  Nick