Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Josh Trutwin <jo...@trutwins.homeip.net> on 2006/01/10 05:27:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Odd SSI SegFaults using 2.0.55

I had a request to enable SSI on one of the domains I manage on a
2.0.55 server (built from source) on Debian Linux.

SSI behavior can only be described as "odd".

The developers have .shtml files that contain a number of <!--
#include file="..." --> directives.

Here is a real example:

<!--#include file="struc/struc-01.html" -->
<!--#include file="includes/menu-utility.html" -->
<!--#include file="struc/struc-02.html" -->
<!--#include file="includes/menu-pic-0.html" -->
and so on...

I verified the existence and permission of all files.  This causes a
Seg Fault in the apache logs though:

[Mon Jan 09 22:05:49 2006] [notice] child pid 10562 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

SSI seems to work ok in other situations though - I can display the
current date/time without any issues.  I can display the date then
include a single file using one of the above directives, and vice
versa (display date after an include), but the moment I do two
#include's as above Apache chokes.

I enabled SSI by putting the following in a .htaccess in the top-level
directory for the domain:

Options +Includes
AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml

Any thoughts?  Any way to get better debugging information?

I'm probably going to tell them to just do this in PhP, but I'd like
to figure out what the problem is first.

Thanks,

Josh

Re: [users@httpd] Odd SSI SegFaults using 2.0.55

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 10:27:03PM -0600, Josh Trutwin wrote:
> I had a request to enable SSI on one of the domains I manage on a
> 2.0.55 server (built from source) on Debian Linux.
>
> SSI behavior can only be described as "odd".
> I verified the existence and permission of all files.  This causes a
> Seg Fault in the apache logs though:
>
> [Mon Jan 09 22:05:49 2006] [notice] child pid 10562 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)

Can you get a backtrace and file a bug?

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html#crashes

joe