Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com> on 2013/10/05 20:05:11 UTC

Template Issues

Hello,

I have setup a CentOS 6.4 Template, I also enabled the password reset
script as shown here:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/add-password-management-to-templates.html

However, following the directions I am noticing the password that
pops-up does not match what is actually on the newly provisioned
instance nor when resetting does the password reset do what popsup.

Along with the afromentioned, the networking is not starting per network
script on boot.

My ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0
TYPE=Ethernet
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
BOOTPROTO=dhcp

Can someone advise me as to what might be missing and also this error
when running ifup eth0

Device eth0 does not seem to be present, delying initialization.

I would appreciate the assistance.

- Maurice

Re: Template Issues

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
No problem.

Re: Template Issues

Posted by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com>.

Re: Template Issues

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Networking is a prerequisite for fetching the password from the router on
boot, so let's start there.
On Oct 5, 2013 12:24 PM, "Maurice Lawler" <ma...@me.com> wrote:

> Thank you Marcus, is this also the cause of the password issue I mentioned?
>

> On 10/5/13, 2:10 PM, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
>
>> Udev rules. Its not cloudstacks issue but the OS. When the Mac address
>> changes, centos thinks its a new nic and creates a different one. So you
>> end up with eth1 or eth2 instead, which has no configuration.
>>
>> You need to delete two files in the source you are templating, I don't
>> have
>> them memorized but they should be easy to find online. One is
>> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-**persistent-net or similar, and the other creates
>> that
>> file, in some other udev dir in /use I think.
>> On Oct 5, 2013 12:06 PM, "Maurice Lawler" <ma...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>>
>>> I have setup a CentOS 6.4 Template, I also enabled the password reset
>>> script as shown here:
>>>
>>> http://cloudstack.apache.org/****docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/****<http://cloudstack.apache.org/**docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/**>
>>> 4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/add-****password-management-to-****
>>> templates.html<http://**cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-**
>>> US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/**html/Admin_Guide/add-password-**
>>> management-to-templates.html<http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/add-password-management-to-templates.html>
>>> >

>>> However, following the directions I am noticing the password that pops-up
>>> does not match what is actually on the newly provisioned instance nor
>>> when
>>> resetting does the password reset do what popsup.
>>>
>>> Along with the afromentioned, the networking is not starting per network
>>> script on boot.
>>>
>>> My ifcfg-eth0
>>>
>>> DEVICE=eth0
>>> TYPE=Ethernet