Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aparna1 V <ap...@tcs.com> on 2011/02/01 14:27:52 UTC

Re: OutOfMemory issue

Hi Christopher,

Yes,  we were on jdk 1.4 and now we have moved to 1.6.
After this, we were facing the BufferOverFlow  on this particular page so
we increased the buffer size to 4 MB ( yes .. 4 MiB).

There is no increase in the number of users.

The heap space is set to 128 MB,
and Max Perm is set to 64mb.

Thanks,
Aparna

From:
Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
To:
Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
Date:
02/01/2011 03:37 AM
Re: OutOfMemory issue

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: OutOfMemory issue

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: OutOfMemory issue

Posted by Aparna1 V <ap...@tcs.com>.
JSP buffer over flow

From:
Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
To:
Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
Date:
02/02/2011 04:33 AM
Re: OutOfMemory issue

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: OutOfMemory issue

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: OutOfMemory issue

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Aparna1 V [mailto:aparna1.v@tcs.com]
> Subject: RE: OutOfMemory issue

> There is no heap dump.

You have to take one.  Again, read the link:

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/OutOfMemory

 - Chuck

RE: OutOfMemory issue

Posted by Aparna1 V <ap...@tcs.com>.
Hi Charles,

Thanks for the suggestion.

There is no heap dump. I can see just the following in my stdout:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
                 at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882)
                 at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:100)
                 at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:390)
                 at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:224)
                 at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.SelectTag.doEndTag(SelectTag.java:370)
                 at
org.apache.jsp.jsp.assignMethToDrivertype_jsp._jspx_meth_html_005fselect_005f9(assignMethToDrivertype_jsp.java:2270)
                 at
org.apache.jsp.jsp.assignMethToDrivertype_jsp._jspx_meth_logic_005fequal_005f2(assignMethToDrivertype_jsp.java:2217)
                 at
org.apache.jsp.jsp.assignMethToDrivertype_jsp._jspx_meth_logic_005fnotEqual_005f0(assignMethToDrivertype_jsp.java:1525)
                 at
org.apache.jsp.jsp.assignMethToDrivertype_jsp._jspService(assignMethToDrivertype_jsp.java:383)
                 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

From:
"Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>
To:
Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
Date:
02/01/2011 07:45 PM
RE: OutOfMemory issue

> From: Aparna1 V [mailto:aparna1.v@tcs.com]
> Subject: Re: OutOfMemory issue

> The heap space is set to 128 MB,
> and Max Perm is set to 64mb.

The longer you avoid looking inside the heap or collecting real data, the
longer it's going to be before you have an answer.  To repeat yesterday's
questions:

> > And a heap dump shows???  GC logging shows???
> > http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/OutOfMemory

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

and any attachments. Thank you