Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2021/09/03 06:03:55 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

The migration is pretty much complete and the documentation is now
available at nightlies.apache.org .

Please click around a bit and check if anything is broken.

If no issues are reported by the end of today I will update the links on
the website.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
To me its is not any less official sounding than "ci.apache.org".

flink.apache.org content is served directly from Git; we would have to
commit the compiled content to the flink-web repository.
This would require changes to our current workflow and would likely
reduce the power of our current approach in the process, i.e., making
some change in flink no longer automatically deploys the docs, you'd
have to add them manually to flink-web, and then we're pretty much only
gonna do it for releases.

In short, that's not something we can change quickly.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
We are currently unable to update the old documentation.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by David Morávek <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Yun,

I'm reaching out to the ASF infra to check the status of redirection
efforts. The old documentation still uses 1.13.2 as the stable release,
which could be really confusing :(

Best,
D.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
flink.apache.org/docs/1.14 never existed though and would also result in
a 404.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by David Morávek <dm...@apache.org>.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
Nice !

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
That's perfect. Thanks for taking care of this, Chesnay.

Thank you~

Xintong Song

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Documentation now available at nightlies.apache.org

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.