Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Saurabh Mishra <sa...@outlook.com> on 2012/10/31 13:13:40 UTC

Unable to Add Jars to distributed cache

Hi,
I tried adding jars to distributed cache through following code :
                DistributedCache.addArchiveToClassPath(path, jobConf);
                DistributedCache.addCacheArchive(path.toUri(), jobConf);

It worked fine for one cluster which is running clodera hadoop installation(cdh3u1).
But when i tried the same job on a self setup apache hadoop cluster (0.20.0) it threw class not found exception. I tried matching the job.xml's for their tracker jobs, but there was no significatn difference between them. Still the problem persists.

Is there some cluster configuration, which needs to be modified to allow for successful addition of jars to the Distributed Cache.

Sincerely
Saurabh Mishra

Re: Unable to Add Jars to distributed cache

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 31 October 2012 12:13, Saurabh Mishra <sa...@outlook.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried adding jars to distributed cache through following code :
>                 DistributedCache.addArchiveToClassPath(path, jobConf);
>                 DistributedCache.addCacheArchive(path.toUri(), jobConf);
>
> It worked fine for one cluster which is running clodera hadoop
> installation(cdh3u1).
> But when i tried the same job on a self setup apache hadoop cluster
> (0.20.0) it threw class not found exception. I tried matching the job.xml's
> for their tracker jobs, but there was no significatn difference between
> them. Still the problem persists.

 (0.20.0) is a pretty old Hadoop version -you'd be best of downloading
Hadoop 1.10 -it will have the Distribute Cache APIs

Re: Unable to Add Jars to distributed cache

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.