Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Navin Ipe <na...@searchlighthealth.com> on 2016/05/25 11:21:42 UTC

Is there no ack'ing for allGrouping?

I created a spout that emits to a bolt (extends BaseRichBolt) using
allGrouping.
At the end of execute() I am doing collector.ack(tuple);

But I'm not receiving anything in the ack() or fail() of the spout, even
though the two created instances (tasks) of the blot have received the
tuple from the spout and ack'ed it. The documentation has nothing on it
either
<https://storm.apache.org/releases/0.9.6/javadocs/backtype/storm/topology/InputDeclarer.html#allGrouping-java.lang.String-java.lang.String->
.

Is this how allGrouping is meant to work? Without ack or fail?

Navin

Re: Is there no ack'ing for allGrouping?

Posted by Navin Ipe <na...@searchlighthealth.com>.
Bingo. Assigning the messageID did it. Thank you.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.