Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com> on 2014/04/05 20:13:19 UTC

Wordpress on PHP cartridge is unable to create wp-config.php

Hi Devs,

When I test a sample wordpress installation [1], the configuration wizards
says "Sorry, but I can't write the wp-config.php file".

In Stratos 3.0.0-incubating, we were able to just run the same wordpress
example without about message. So, this means that in the latest PHP
installation, there is some configuration missing.

A workaround is to commit the wp-config.php to my repo and sync with the
Cartridge. It works, but which way is better. i.e. Committing the file to
the repo or configuring the server to allow write access.

I don't have much experience working with PHP and Apache servers. Could
anyone please guide me to fix this in Puppet modules.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

[1] https://github.com/chrishantha/wordpress
--
Isuru Perera
Senior Software Engineer | WSO2, Inc. | http://wso2.com/

about.me/chrishantha

Re: Wordpress on PHP cartridge is unable to create wp-config.php

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 11:56 PM, Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Well, I could see the install.php after I ignore the wizard and access the
> wordpress again from the browser.

Looks like this doesn't work. Previously I pushed wp-config.php to my
repository.

So, it seems we need to push this file to get it working.

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.
On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> When I test a sample wordpress installation [1], the configuration wizards
> says "Sorry, but I can't write the wp-config.php file".
>
> In Stratos 3.0.0-incubating, we were able to just run the same wordpress
> example without about

*above