Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/06 21:41:41 UTC

Re: Apache Commons VFS2 version 2.4.2 release?

Jurrie,

The next release will be labeled 2.5.0 and I am waiting on feedback for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-733 before cutting an RC.

Gary

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Happens locally under Windows with Java8, not sure why (but I thought it was already mentioned on the dev list. Will provide more details later if it’s not know .

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

________________________________
Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bernd,

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 4:46 AM Jurrie Overgoor <ju...@jurr.org> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> Err... really?
>
> On the 6th of October you wrote that you were "waiting for feedback on
> VFS-733 before cutting an RC." So I waited a week.
>
> Then, on the 17th of October you wrote that "once Woosan is done with PR
> 52 we can create an RC". So I waited 10 days.
>
> Now, you write that "we are sorting out a new module" which is blocking
> an RC.
>
> So what's next? :)
>
> I mean, I totally get the "it's done when it's done" thing. But this is
> more like saying "it's done, except for XYZ" and then thinking of
> something new to put into the next release. That way, it'll never be done.

What is next hopefully is an adjustment of your expectations and attitude
:-) to sunny with a chance of meatballs :-) I am a volunteer here as is
everyone else contributing. I do what I can when I can for what seems to me
at the time like the best outcome for a given component. I am sorry this is
not matching up with your expectations. Unfortunately for all of us,
releasing components is a bit of a pain (IMO, others differ) and it's not a
one button click type of process. So, I try to chunk in work from other
folks that are contributing their free time as well to making Apache
Commons better.

Gary

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

Jurrie if you make contributors spent their time defending themself you won’t speed up the process. If you need it urgently just compile it yourself. A release takes time, especially if it is done in people’s sparetime.

Gruss
Bernd

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net