Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2003/10/01 03:00:04 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] GT2003Hackathon Wed Oct 1 03:00:04 2003

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=GT2003Hackathon , version: 56 on Wed Oct  1 00:15:55 2003 by MarcPortier

+ __UPDATE: Hackathon location has moved to the same [location as the gettogether|http://www.orixo.com/events/gt2003/venue.html]. The growing  size of the group and the consequent transportation to our offices (outside of Ghent) has been our main motivation in this.  Appart from being late news, this change should only have positive effects for all of you.__
+
+
- On October 6, the day before the [Cocoon Gettogether | http://www.orixo.com/events/gt2003/index.html ], there is a Hackathon foreseen in the Outerthought offices.
?                                                                                                                                       ^^     ^^     ^^ ----------

+ On October 6, the day before the [Cocoon Gettogether | http://www.orixo.com/events/gt2003/index.html ], there is a Hackathon foreseen at the same location where the GT2003 is hapening.
?                                                                                                                                       ^^     ^^^^^^^^^ ++++++  ++  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

- Given the high number of people wanting to attend the hackathon already Outerthought has reserved an extra (however smaller and not wifi enabled) meetingroom and of course opens its own office doors so we can host some more people in possible parallel (e.g. cli/bean proposal) or not-finished-yet topics during the day.
- !Schedule of the day - Big Room (15p)
+ !Schedule of the day
- !Schedule of the day - Small Room (8p)
+ !Schedule of the day - possible alternative tracks
+
+ (the room we have reserved is big enough if smaller groups would want to work on specific topics)
-
-
-
- Where the template to cover each topic could probably look like this:
- * apointed people doing an intro on existing research (max 3 mini slots of 10') please self.propose()
- * a moderated requirements and use case gathering moment (10'-20')
- * as much as possible free-style hacking and whiteboarding time (what remains)
- * wrap up and making some plan to send down the dev-list (10') - perhaps use these moments to find volunteers to summarise certain topics for the list
- * I really think each of these calls for one moderating person, any takers?
- ** The room we have foreseen AND the goal of having a workable group of people is limiting IMHO the complete group (the previous limit of 15p was to be considered somewhat 'lenient', please let us know if there is more that want to join in and/or want different topics to be covered)
?                                                                                                                         ^ -- ^^^

+ ** The room we have foreseen AND the goal of having a workable group of people is limiting IMHO the complete group (the original limit of 15p was to be considered somewhat 'lenient', please let us know if there is more that want to join in and/or want different topics to be covered)
?                                                                                                                         ^  ^^^^^

- ** Outerthought was planning on organizing some catering, __please list your name below if you are coming__ (possibly indicating veggie or other special requirements)
+ ** Outerthought was planning on organizing some catering, __please list your name below if you are coming, we need the numbers to make sure we order enough__ (possibly indicating veggie or other special requirements)
?                                                                                                          ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- ** Projector (needed? --> currently not foreseen)
+ ** No Projector (needed? --> currently not foreseen)
?   +++

- ** Possibly flipchart pages and markers for smaller room (depending on the need)
- ** Wifi hotspots on OT network (todo mpo and stevenn) (Jeremy can bring an Airport and/or video camera if needed)

+ ** Wifi hotspots on local network (todo mpo and stevenn) (Jeremy can bring an Airport and/or video camera if needed)

- Map & Driving instructions to our offices, from a colleague company in our business center:
+ Map & Driving instructions are the same as for the venue of the 7th. Check the [related page |http://www.orixo.com/events/gt2003/venue.html] on the official GT2003 site.
+
- [http://www.loqutus.com/images/map.gif]
- * mpo: I could stop by in the center of ghent and pick up 3-4 persons around 8.30 (faith has condemned the following to be seated in my limo - pickup @ Ibis Cathedral - just group around  Bertrand, I should be able to recognise him after last years GT and I have his GSM nr)
+ * mpo: I could stop by in the center of ghent and pick up 3-4 persons around 8.30 (faith has condemned the following to be seated in my limo - pickup @ Ibis Cathedral - just group around  Bertrand, I should be able to recognise him after last years GT and I have his GSM nr)  -- but if you guys are daring enough you should be able to get there on footh in half of the time :-)