Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by chandan khatri <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/10 05:46:09 UTC

Selective Replication from master to slave

Dear All,

I've a use case where I need to do selective replication from master to
slave.

Basically I am going with master slave approach - the application pushing
data to master will need to preview the search and if the search is deemed
useful/appropriate I need the data to be replicated to slaves.

Please advice.

Thanks!

Re: Selective Replication from master to slave

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
This is really confusing. You say:

bq: Basically I am going with master slave approach

OK, classic Solr master/slave? Or are you using this
in a different context?

bq: the application pushing
data to master will need to preview the search and if the search is deemed
useful/appropriate I need the data to be replicated to slaves

Here's where I get lost. You have some app that determines
whether data is "good" and indexes it? Or the search? In either
case, what does that have to do with Solr master/slave? Isn't it
adequate for the app layer to just forward the updates and/or
queries on to a standard SolrCloud setup?

Best,
Erick