Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/02/18 15:26:28 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "Hbase/PoweredBy" by HisayoshiTamaki

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "Hbase/PoweredBy" page has been changed by HisayoshiTamaki.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=58&rev2=59

  [[http://www.yahoo.com/|Yahoo!]] uses HBase to store document fingerprint for detecting near-duplications. We have a cluster of few nodes that runs HDFS, mapreduce, and HBase. The table contains millions of rows. We use this for querying duplicated documents with realtime traffic.

+ [[http://h50146.www5.hp.com/products/software/security/icewall/eng/|HP IceWall SSO]] is a web-based single sign-on solution and uses HBase to store user data to authenticate users. We have supported RDB and LDAP previously but have newly supported HBase with a view to authenticate over tens of millions of users and devices.
+