Posted to mapreduce-issues@hadoop.apache.org by Yin Huang <yi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/23 21:49:52 UTC

The number of reducer

Hi,
Right now, I need to set the number of reducer for my cluster to be one.
The reason is because I am working on a critical resource with a lock, so
only one reducer is allowed to access it.
Now I have trouble running my map reduce job even though I explicitly set
the number of reduce tasks to be one. (Hard code in eclipse)
job.setNumReduceTasks(1);
This doesn't seem to be working, because the error says failure to obtain
the lock. That's to say there are more than one reducer spawned.
Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Yin