Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Ted Pikul <te...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/14 13:52:47 UTC

cTAKESParser loading model on each request

Hi, I’m using the cTAKESParser with Tika as documented here:
https://wiki.apache.org/tika/cTAKESParser
 (CTAKES 4.0.0, tika 1.18, AggregatePlainTextFastUMLS processor from cTAKES)

It appears that with the tika-server, on each request the cTAKES model is
getting loaded each time, adding an additional 7-10 seconds. Is this
intended behavior? I figured that once the cTAKES pipeline was loaded, it
would just be reset on each request rather than reloaded.