Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nicola Rampazzo <Ni...@regione.veneto.it> on 2005/04/04 18:27:56 UTC

Help on malformed SVG transcoding by servlet.

I'm working in a Tomcat 5.0.x (on Win2k) environment running a servlet (see file ViewImage2.java) to convert SVG to PNG.
It runs smoothly with most files but when files (exported in SVG from CorelDraw 12) are malformed (thanx Corel!) because of duplicated "id" attributes, the servlet + the entire tomcat5.exe process CRASH unexpectedly. As you can notice I set "KEY_XML_PARSER_VALIDATING" hint to "false" in order to prevent "Malformed DTD" error. I enclosed here a "stripped down" version of a "faulty" SVG.
BTW, transcoding with command-line batik-rasterizer.jar without "-validate" does the job with no warnings...

Am I missing something?
Thanks to everyone, forgive my poor english...
Nicola Rampazzo