Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by alodde <an...@lod2e.de> on 2010/07/21 15:41:13 UTC

Servicemix Transaction

Hi,

I am trying to develop transactional workflows using servicemix and camel.
The transaction is initialized by the jca-consumer; all other endpoints are
serivemix beans. The completion of the transaction is also carried out by a
bean endpoint.

As I have had always the problem of InvalidTransactionException: Specified
transaction is already associated with another thread thrown if a
MessageExchange is processed which has the ExchangeStatus = DONE, I ask my
self if it is necessary to associated a transaction with the current thread
while processing Exchanges with the status DONE.

For this reason I have compiled a new version of the servicemix-commons
which do not try to resume the transaction if the ExchangeStatus is DONE.

This approach works fine for my example, as I do not use the transaction
while processing DONE messages (maybe a transaction could be commit or
rollback on a done?)

It is also possible that this is not the right approach to solve this
problem and it would be better to figure out why the transaction is not
unassociated to become transferred to the receiver if the done message is
send?