Posted to user@pig.apache.org by "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <me...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/12 07:53:33 UTC

LZO LoadFunc

Hi everyone

I want to use LZO splittable IO in pig. I saw Kevin Weil's github
repository that he wrote LZO LoadFunc functionalities but he didn't
contribute it yet.

According to him, For Pig jobs, email me or check the pig list -- I
have custom LZO loader classes that work but are not (yet) contributed
back.

but I cannot find his email address :(

Please put me through his email address or let me know where I can
find LZO LoadFunc source codes

Regards Jae Hyeon

Re: LZO LoadFunc

Posted by Kevin Weil <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hey all,

We're getting super close to open-sourcing about 8 different LZO-based pig
loaders out there, along with a code-generator for protobuf-based big
loaders and a framework for creating your own for your own data formats.  We
use this internally.  I extracted the bits from our internal repo last week,
generalized certain parts away from our particular setup (always a good
thing), and just today Dmitriy and I re-integrated the nearly-open-source
version into our repo.  We're testing now.  I expect I'll have everything up
on my github page next week.  I'll tweet about it (@kevinweil) and then post
to this user list a couple days later when the first few people have
verified that it's looking ok.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: LZO LoadFunc