Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Boulter <ch...@jellybaby.net> on 2005/03/04 13:03:55 UTC

Oddity with Maven's struts-html-1.1.tld

Hello,

I'm getting an odd error, apparently due to a problem with Maven's version
of struts-html-1.1.tld. I think I know the cause and have a solution for
it which involves fixing struts-html-1.1.tld. However, I'd be surprised if
no one's run into this before, so I doubt this is really a bug in the file
in the Maven repository...? (Perhaps some version mismatch in my
dependencies is to blame?)

The struts-html TLD located here
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/struts/tlds/struts-html-1.1.tld
declares three attributes for the form tag which shouldn't be there,
'name', 'scope', and 'type'. (Surely these are attributes of the
<bean:define> tag, not <html:form>!)
Here is the list of valid attributes for the <html:form> tag:
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-html.html#form

When I deploy and run my web app, I get this error from Weblogic:

Parsing of JSP File '/WEB-INF/jsp/logon.jsp' failed:
/WEB-INF/jsp/logon.jsp(4): Error in using tag library
uri='/WEB-INF/tld/struts-html-1.1.tld' prefix='html': The Tag class
'org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag' has no setter method corresponding
to TLD declared attribute 'name', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
probably occurred due to an error in /WEB-INF/jsp/logon.jsp line 4:
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/struts-html-1.1.tld" prefix="html" %>

I can solve the problem by deleting the following three blocks of lines
from struts-html-1.1.tld in my local Maven repository, clearing out the
cache and rebuilding.

640..644

<attribute>
<name>name</name>