Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2013/08/08 20:54:02 UTC

[DISCUSS} Root/Domain Admin user should see ALL vms - based on their permisions

This question was asked several times on dev and user mailing list.

I'd like to propose following enhancement and would like to get the community feedback:

Issue:

Root Admin cannot see all VMs under Instance tab when "all" instances are selected. Root Admin user need to switch between different projects to see more vms. This approach presents a challenge as there is no single view of all VMs in ALL projects. Same would apply to a domain admin, he should be able to see all vms in his domain at a glance without looping through each project.

Suggested resolution:

Change the behavior of show "all" instances by looping through all projects and showing the vm names. We would also need to alter the Instance view and append project name column and append domain/project.

What do you think?

Thanks

ilya

Re: [DISCUSS} Root/Domain Admin user should see ALL vms - based on their permisions

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
I see your point and I agree if we can implement flexible filtering!

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Daan

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.