Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Christoph Herzog <he...@ec.tuwien.ac.at> on 2011/10/25 15:12:30 UTC

Fuseki + TDB + Pellet -> corrupting data on INSERT

Hello,
I'm trying to get Fuseki to run with a TDB dataset and the pellet
reasoner
integrated.

That works pretty well so far, but I found that whenever I insert data
through
the SPARQL endpoint or POST my ontology it would somehow "corrupt" the
data.

Everything works fine - reasoning and all - but when I stop the Fuseki
server
(by killing the process - is there another way?) it "breaks". Once I
start it
again and send any query to the SPARQL endpoint it replies with a HTTP
500 -
internal server error.

I found that I'm able to insert data with the tdbloader. In this case I
can
restart the server and it works normally. But also here, as soon as I
send an
INSERT statement it accepts it normally - but then when I shut down and
restart
the server I get the HTTP 500 error.

I'm pretty desperate allready, because inserting data into the server is
the
main task in my application...

This is the error message I get for any query if the server "breaks":
14:27:12 WARN Fuseki :: [1] RC = 500 : null
14:27:12 INFO Fuseki :: [1] 500 Server Error

The logger seems not to want to tell me more about it...

And this is (the relevant part of) my config file:

<#pelletGraph> rdf:type ja:RDFDataset ;
ja:defaultGraph <#reasonerModel> ;
tdb:unionDefaultGraph true ;
.

<#reasonerModel> rdf:type ja:InfModel ;
ja:reasoner [ja:reasonerClass
"org.mindswap.pellet.jena.PelletReasonerFactory" ;
] ;
ja:baseModel <#baseGraph> ;
.

<#baseGraph> rdf:type tdb:GraphTDB ;
tdb:location "dataset" ;
.

Please ask for anything else I you need to know (complete setup or the
like).
Any hints appreaciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Re: Fuseki + TDB + Pellet -> corrupting data on INSERT

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 15:12 +0200, Christoph Herzog wrote:

Not directly related to your problem but I noticed:

> And this is (the relevant part of) my config file:
>
> <#pelletGraph> rdf:type ja:RDFDataset ;
> ja:defaultGraph <#reasonerModel> ;
> tdb:unionDefaultGraph true ;

I don't think you want that last line, though since the dataset is not a
TDBDataSet it will presumably make no difference.

BTW If you try without Pellet do you get the same corruption?

Dave

Re: [Fuseky] Form too large

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: [Fuseky] Form too large

Posted by Damian Steer <d....@bristol.ac.uk>.

RE: [Fuseky] Form too large

Posted by Camel Christophe <cc...@cls.fr>.
Thanks for your help !

Unfortunately, it didn't work and I found why: the maximum form content size is set in the code of Fuseky !
In SPARQLServer.java code source, there is the following line:

// Set the max form size much higher.
context.setMaxFormContentSize(1*1024*1024) ;

1Mb is nice but not enough for me, knowing that I use Elda, a linked-data implementation, that generates potentially very large SPARQL queries.

Would there be a chance to make this configurable, through an assembler description or directly in the command line ?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Damian Steer <d....@bristol.ac.uk>.

[Fuseky] Form too large

Posted by Camel Christophe <cc...@cls.fr>.
Hello all !

I'm using Fuseky 0.2.0 and I face an exception when submitting very
large queries:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form too large4618594>1048576
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.extractParameters(Request.java:251)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.getParameter(Request.java:659)
        at
org.openjena.fuseki.servlets.SPARQL_Query.validate(SPARQL_Query.java:167
)

I know the problem is related to Jetty, but I can't configure the
Fuseky/Jetty couple for working with higher form size. Especially the "
org.mortbay.jetty.Request.maxFormContentSize" system property does not
work as expected.

Is there a simple way to get around the limitation Fuseky in Jetty ?

Many thanks,
Chris

Correction: Fuseki + TDB + Pellet -> corrupting data on INSERT

Posted by Christoph Herzog <he...@ec.tuwien.ac.at>.
Hello Andy, hello all,
I think I messed up the upload, the ttl was from an (fruitless) experiment.
I re-uploaded the correct version to:
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/331059/fuseki-tdb-pellet-data-corrupted-on-insert-reupload-zip.html

But anyway, it is exactly the same with the following ttl:
(fuseki-start with "--desc pellet.ttl /dataset" accordingly)
=== === === === === ===
@prefix fuseki:  <http://jena.apache.org/fuseki#> .
@prefix tdb:     <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2008/tdb#> .
@prefix rdf:     <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix rdfs:    <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix ja:      <http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2005/11/Assembler#> .
@prefix :        <#> .

# Declaration additional assembler items.
[] ja:loadClass "com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.TDB" .

# TDB
tdb:DatasetTDB  rdfs:subClassOf  ja:RDFDataset .
tdb:GraphTDB    rdfs:subClassOf  ja:Model .

# DATA SECTION
<#pelletGraph> rdf:type ja:RDFDataset	;
	ja:defaultGraph <#reasonerModel> ;
  .

<#reasonerModel> rdf:type ja:InfModel ;
	ja:reasoner [ja:reasonerClass
		"org.mindswap.pellet.jena.PelletReasonerFactory" ;
	] ;
	ja:baseModel <#baseGraph> ;
	.

<#baseGraph> rdf:type tdb:GraphTDB ;
	tdb:location "dataset" ;
	.
=== === === === === ===

Note that the fuseki-init script also should load the pizza.owl file from the ontology directory (wrong filename).
Sorry for messing this up :-(

I also tried it completely without pellet - in this case I do not get a Server Error.
Although with this ttl I noticed that the updates (inserts) I did are no longer present when I restart the server:
=== snipplet ===
<#pelletGraph> rdf:type ja:RDFDataset	;
	ja:defaultGraph <#baseGraph> ;
  .
<#baseGraph> rdf:type tdb:GraphTDB ;
	tdb:location "dataset" ;
	.
=== === ===

The Java version, btw, is:
> java version "1.6.0_24"
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)

Please ask for any further details. I can also re-upload the corrected versions
Thanks to all,
Chris

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: AW: Fuseki + TDB + Pellet -> corrupting data on INSERT

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 25/10/11 16:31, Christoph Herzog wrote:
> No, it appears the unwanted behaviour persists even when I fall back to Fuseki 0.2.0 (with TDB 0.8.10).
> I fear it is probably not an artefact of the new transaction features :-(
>
> Best,
> Chris

You are not using the new transaction features - Fuseki does not use
them yet.

It's impossible to tell what's going on -

 >> That works pretty well so far, but I found that whenever I insert data
 >> through
 >> the SPARQL endpoint or POST my ontology it would somehow "corrupt" the
 >> data.

Are you posting data through Pellet?  If you add data underneath Pellet
then any caches Pellet has are invalid but it isn't gong to notice.

 >> I found that I'm able to insert data with the tdbloader. In this case I
 >> can
 >> restart the server and it works normally. But also here, as soon as I
 >> send an
 >> INSERT statement it accepts it normally - but then when I shut down and
 >> restart
 >> the server I get the HTTP 500 error.
 >>
 >> I'm pretty desperate allready, because inserting data into the server is
 >> the
 >> main task in my application...
 >>
 >> This is the error message I get for any query if the server "breaks":
 >> 14:27:12 WARN Fuseki :: [1] RC = 500 : null
 >> 14:27:12 INFO Fuseki :: [1] 500 Server Error

More details?  Is this during startup?  Is it the first request?  What
is the query? Or update?

	Andy

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Christoph Herzog wrote:
> No, it appears the unwanted behaviour persists even when I fall back to Fuseki 0.2.0 (with TDB 0.8.10).
> I fear it is probably not an artefact of the new transaction features :-(

TDB 0.8.10 should be fine, no changes related to transaction support.

The more details you give us on exactly what you are doing the sooner
we can find if there is a problem (and fix it).

If you describe exactly what you are doing, I can try to replicate and
see if I have your same issue. Command lines even without explanation
are great for me. :-)

Paolo

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Christoph Herzog wrote:
> Hello Paolo,
> I'm using Fuseki version 0.2.1-SNAPSHOT (actually 0.2.1-20110915.071835-17).
> The TDB is delivered with Fuseki and from the POM.xml I think it is TDB 0.8.11-SNAPSHOT.
> I'll try replacing the TDB (or falling back to Fuseki 0.2.0) - which version of TDB do you recommend?

Hi Chris,
the latest stable release of TDB is 0.8.10:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/hp/hpl/jena/tdb/0.8.10/
... if you find a bug here you *might* get a faster response.

If you are ok with being on the bleeding-edge and you want to
help us testing the latest TDB SNAPSHOTs, you can find them here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jena/jena-tdb/0.9.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/
I warn you: this is unreleased software and it might have problems.

You can find the list of issues related to TDB here:
http://bit.ly/tJtpKs

Paolo

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Christoph,