Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Daniel_R <ve...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/12 06:32:56 UTC

geronimo + icefaces 1.7.x does not work....

Hi

After i successfully developed and tested and Web App on tomcat 6.x i tryed
to deploy it on Geronimo 2.0.1

but I'm run into an error:

[code]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this
Application. This happens if the faces-initialization does not work at all -
make sure that you properly include all configuration settings necessary for
a basic faces application and that all the necessary libs are included. Also
check the logging output of your web application and your container for any
exceptions!

 If you did that and find nothing, the mistake might be due to the fact that
you use some special web-containers which do not support registering
context-listeners via TLD files and a context listener is not setup in your
web.xml.

 A typical config looks like this;

 <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>

 </listener>
[/code]

but i do have the listener defined inside web.xml .

any ideas how i can overcome this geronimo specific error ?

Thanks in advance

Daniel.

Re: geronimo + icefaces 1.7.x does not work....

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Good news!  Thanks for the update.  Would it be possible to list the
jars that you removed.  It might be of help to another user running an
icefaces application in Geronimo.

Thanks,
Joe

Posted by Daniel_R <ve...@gmail.com>.