Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by mcardle <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/25 19:30:00 UTC

Returning a Generated File from CXF Web Service

I've created a mock web service using a wsdl and CXF plugin in maven from one
of the Apache-CXF examples.

The basic operation is that a user requests some geographic data such as
rainfall for a certain area and the service returns a URL to a binary file
containing the data in NETCDF format. This is the way the production web
service works and I'm developing this one for testing on a isolated network.

Everything works except that I'm unable to retrieve the generated file from
the client. I get

Is there some additional configuration or coding that is needed to access
the file? any examples of how this is done?

I've tried providing a src/main/webapp/META-INF/context.xml

containing the following stanza:

    <context docBase="./*" path="" reloadable="true" />

I've also tried placing the context stanza in the
sr/main/webapp/WEB-INF/cxf-serlet.xml

Re: Returning a Generated File from CXF Web Service

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Please go to the CXF User's List for your questions; we're there too.  This
list is for development of CXF itself.

My MTOM tutorial might be of help:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/using_mtom_and_apache_fop

Glen