Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by RITESH BARBHAYA <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2000/07/18 22:03:34 UTC

Installation Problems

Hi,
    I have installed the latest versions of Apache, Tomcat and Cocoon. When
i build these systems from sources, i did not receive any errors. But the
Cocoon System does not work. When i try to call the Cocoon.xml file, i
receive a FILE NOT FOUND error, since it tries to look it up in the
apache/htdocs directory. I am running a Solaris 8 OS.
   I have done the requisite modifications to the tomcat.sh and the web.xml
file in the /usr/local/tomcat/conf/web.xml file as suggested by the
instalation file.
   I think that tomcat or apache do not read the cocoon.properties file at
all and hence do not process the xml document. Is there anything that i need
to add to httpd.conf in apache to direct it to process xml.

Any help is really appreciated.
Ritesh.