Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de> on 2017/02/27 12:08:48 UTC

questions about xxxGraphFilter

Now we have a SynonymGraphFilter but also need other filters
to be graph-aware. I was already thinking about a ShingleGraphFilter.
But if a ShingleGraphFilter outputs a graph and is located before
SynonymGraphFilter where is the advantage?
The SynonymGraphFilter cannot consume arbitrary graphs.

Do we need as first step a util method for reading an inputTokenStream
and give back a graph?
It can be called by any xxxGraphFilter as first step.

Is this a stupid idea?

How about the resulting outputTokenStream, does it make sense to
have a util method producing an outputTokenStream from a graph?

It would generalize the input/output handling of any xxxGraphFilter
and only leave the filter work to the GraphFilter.

What do you think?

Regards
Bernd