Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Sailesh Mukil <sa...@apache.org> on 2016/11/04 00:17:18 UTC

Apache Impala (incubating) | ASF Crypto regulations

Hi,

One of our mentors pointed us to the ASF crypto regulations:
https://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

Apache Impala (incubating) uses OpenSSL for asymmetric cryptography, so we
are in the process of adding our project to the list of Export projects:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

We are also adding the export notice to our codebase:
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/4940/

We require a notification mail to be sent to the US Government regarding
the same which the page says should be done by the PMC chair. Since we are
still incubating, that would be the incubator-pmc chair.

Is this the right place to raise this request? Or should I contact the PMC
chair directly in order for the mail to be sent?

Regards,
Sailesh