Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rob Outar <ro...@ideorlando.org> on 2002/11/25 14:17:14 UTC

Searches are not case insensitive

Hello all,

	I created the following analyzer so that clients could pose case
insensitive searches but queries are still case sensitive:

      // do not tokenize any field
        TokenStream t = new CharTokenizer(reader) {
            protected boolean isTokenChar(char c) {
                return true;
            }
        };
        //case insensitive search
        t = new LowerCaseFilter(t);

        return t;
    }

I use that index when I create a new instance of IndexWriter and when I use
QueryPaser, I am not sure why my searches are still case dependent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

RE: Searches are not case insensitive

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Ah, field NAME, not field VALUE.  Normally when people refer to field
they tend to refer to field value.
Yes, field name does not get touched in an Analyzer.

I have not tested that, but apparently so (case sensitivity).  Don't
worry about finding out, just use lower case field names everywhere.

Otis

Posted by Rob Outar <ro...@ideorlando.org>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.