Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jacob Hookom <ho...@uwec.edu> on 2002/10/31 19:16:09 UTC

[MVC] Pull C->V

I was wondering if there was a way to pull action forwards into the current action much like filter chaining.  The execute method would access a bunch of data from the model, then use it within the pulled Action, then close/free up the used Objects.  This would require the ability to also send up a proxied response to write to (example: forwarding to an XML file, then transforming it server side-- yes, I know all about stxx; another example: opening an actual resultset passing it as a request attribute to a jsp, then closing it on method return).

Regards,
Jacob

Re: [MVC] Pull C->V

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 12:16 PM -0600 2002/10/31, Jacob Hookom wrote:
>I was wondering if there was a way to pull action forwards into the
>current action much like filter chaining.

Sounds kind of like
"Struts Action Plug-in Extension 1.0 (for Struts 1.1b) by ASQ dot
COM. Provides a clean and transparent way to plug-in common
controller logic (such as authentication, workflow, etc.) for all
Struts actions in an application"
http://www.asqdotcom.be/struts/

Is this what you're talking about?

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956