Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "Carlson, Eric R" <er...@kroger.com> on 2009/03/31 21:03:14 UTC

RE: ALLOW tag not working properly

All,

        Sorry for the long delay, but I'm getting requested to look into this problem again, and I haven't been looking at it for a month.  I ran admin/SecurityConfig.jsp and it didn't advise of any errors.  So I set up security logging and set the security level to DEBUG.  The security log doesn't seem to kick out any messages when I access the page with the ALLOW directive.  The last message that appears here was put into the security log before I accessed the page with the ALLOW directives.

        Here's the total security log :

2009-03-31 14:50:44,201 DEBUG - WikiSecurityEvent.UNKNOWN (32) [source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@3fa63fa6, princpal=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.WikiPrincipal Eric R. Carlson, target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@69b669b6]

2009-03-31 14:51:16,063 DEBUG - WikiSecurityEvent.UNKNOWN (32) [source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@3fa63fa6, princpal=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.WikiPrincipal Eric R. Carlson, target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@69b669b6]

2009-03-31 14:51:42,793 DEBUG - WikiSecurityEvent.UNKNOWN (32) [source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@3fa63fa6, princpal=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.WikiPrincipal Eric R. Carlson, target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@69b669b6]

2009-03-31 14:51:50,608 DEBUG - WikiSecurityEvent.UNKNOWN (32) [source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@3fa63fa6, princpal=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.WikiPrincipal Eric R. Carlson, target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@69b669b6]

2009-03-31 14:51:50,952 INFO - WikiSecurityEvent.LOGIN_AUTHENTICATED [source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@3fa63fa6, princpal=com.ibm.security.auth.OS390UserPrincipal XK00033, target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@69b669b6]

2009-03-31 14:51:50,960 DEBUG - WikiSecurityEvent.LOGIN_AUTHENTICATED [source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@3fa63fa6, princpal=com.ibm.security.auth.OS390UserPrincipal XK00033, target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@69b669b6]

2009-03-31 14:51:51,035 DEBUG - WikiSecurityEvent.PRINCIPAL_ADD [source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@3fa63fa6, princpal=com.ibm.security.auth.OS390UserPrincipal XK00033, target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@69b669b6]

        Any ideas as to why the ALLOW tag isn't preventing access to my test page?

                                                Eric R. Carlson
                                                        Eric.Carlson@kroger.com

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

it is difficult to diagnose from this information.
If you have concerns posting more security related information here, you
might consider filing a security JIRA issue, as long as the issue remains
labeled as security exposure it is only visible to committers and JIRA
administrators and not to everybody on the user and dev list.
We should remove all this information again before closing the issue.

Material that could be usefull for diagnosis:
- jspwiki.policy file
- jspwiki.properties file
- output (html) from admin/SecurityConfig.jsp
- debug level jspwiki.log
- debug level security.log
- the source of the page that "fails"

regards,