Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Olson, Brian" <BR...@ca.com> on 2001/07/19 21:53:13 UTC

URLConnection

Hi,
I've written an applet that is very small (7k) that formats a SOAP request and sends it  to the apache router servlet.  The applet does not use any of the SOAP client packages or the call object.  It builds a string buffer formatted as a HTTP posting with the SOAP body.

Using a direct socket connection, I have no problems.  But, I'd rather use a URLConnection for writing the request and reading the response.  However, I can't get past an exception when trying to get the inputstream from the URLConnection.  Any ideas?  Do I have to use a socket?

Thanks,

Brian Olson
Computer Associates
Portal Development