Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2014/01/24 09:19:22 UTC

Re: git commit: TS-2526: remove the g_stats_snap_fpath global variable

On Jan 24, 2014, at 2:15 AM, jpeach@apache.org wrote:

> Updated Branches:
>  refs/heads/master c2434df8c -> 5b163671c
>

> TS-2526: remove the g_stats_snap_fpath global variable

I agree with the addition of RecConfigReadPersistentStatsPath(), that’s nice, but is it really that important to get rid of a global at the expense of allocating memory, creating the (same) path, and then free memory every time we want / need this path string?

— Leif

Re: git commit: TS-2526: remove the g_stats_snap_fpath global variable

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On Jan 24, 2014, at 12:19 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2014, at 2:15 AM, jpeach@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Updated Branches:
>> refs/heads/master c2434df8c -> 5b163671c
>>

>> TS-2526: remove the g_stats_snap_fpath global variable
>

> I agree with the addition of RecConfigReadPersistentStatsPath(), that’s nice, but is it really that important to get rid of a global at the expense of allocating memory, creating the (same) path, and then free memory every time we want / need this path string?

It seemed like this was used infrequently enough to make it worth it in exchange for removing a global ...

Re: git commit: TS-2526: remove the g_stats_snap_fpath global variable

Posted by Bahram Akhundov <de...@hotmail.de>.
Hi Leif :)
what are so panic ?)

gr33tz...