Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Thomas P. Fuller" <th...@coherentlogic.com> on 2011/02/11 16:18:44 UTC

Security timestamp

Hi,

I have a C# client which calls a (CXF) web service which we have secured.

The client works fine on a desktop machine however it receives a soap fault
when the same call is sent from a low profile handset (PDT).

We have traced the problem to the timestamp. If we manually modify the PDT
packet so that TimeStamp element is outside of the Security element (as with
the PC request) it works.

IBM has a post on one of their forums which describes the same problem and
indicates the solution is to:

".change the default behavior in the TimestampGenerator to include the
Timestamp before the signature when using the Strict layout. The
TimestampConsumer now also verifies that the Timestamp is indeed put before
the signature on an incoming message when following the Strict layout. This
fixes the problem of interoperability."

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PK55563

Would anyone know if this will fix this problem and, if so, how I would go
about it using CXF?

I suspect we'll need a cxf.xml configuration file, but more help with this
would be appreciated

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Tom

RE: Security timestamp

Posted by "Thomas P. Fuller" <th...@coherentlogic.com>.
Hi Colm,

We've managed to fix this problem -- there was a platform dependent switch
that messed up the order of the elements on the low profile device.

Tom

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi,