Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by allen chan <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/08 21:58:57 UTC

Upgrading Zookeeper

Hello everyone,

I am reading through the admin guide. I cannot find any section speaking of
upgrades. Is it documented anywhere the procedure for upgrades and anything
to look out for upgrading between versions? I am specifically trying to go
from 3.4.8 to 3.4.9 but curious about overall strategy and information.

Thanks

--
Allen Michael Chan

Re: Upgrading Zookeeper

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
See the "backward compatibility" section here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ReleaseManagement

The on disk format hasn't changed in some time, although that doesn't
mean you can always downgrade. For example if you use new
functionality based on new transaction types that the old server
version doesn't recognize. Doesn't happen that frequently but it has
happened.

Patrick

Re: Upgrading Zookeeper

Posted by Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se>.