Posted to users@maven.apache.org by pouneh mortazavi <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/15 22:02:17 UTC

help getting maven to work; hanging on plexus archiver

I am trying to use maven 2.2.1 to build tika 0.6, and having problems
when downloading plexus-archiver

mvn hangs on trying to download
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-archiver/1.0-alpha-7/plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7.jar

I tried deleting my ~/.m2 directory, and changed the mirror to another
server, and still getting the same problem.. All the mirrors seem to
hang for me. Any ideas what to do?

I even tried downloaded the plexus-archiver file by hand and
installing it, but then I get an error;
the tika install fails saying:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.0.0:bundle': Unable to load
the mojo 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.0.0:bundle' in the
plugin 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin'. A required class is
missing: org/codehaus/plexus/archiver/UnArchiver
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.UnArchiver

I should not need a proxy as every other jar downloads fine from
repo1.maven.org. Have you experienced this? Is there any solution? I
tried downgrading tika to 0.4, 0.5, and still getting the same MVN
error.,

thanks for your help, its very fustrating being so close to building tika...
\

Re: help getting maven to work; hanging on plexus archiver

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> mvn hangs on trying to download
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-archiver/1.0-alpha-7/plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7.jar

It downloads just fine for me using that URL...

Wayne