Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Uma Maheswar <um...@globalleafs.com> on 2002/10/03 08:49:30 UTC

I need help with lucene

Hello,
I have downloaded lucene-1.2.jar, lucene-demos-1.2.jar and lucene-.12.zip files.

I wanted to add search functionaly to my website www.javagalaxy.com. I do not have any idea of how to work with lucene. What should I do now? Where should I copy and what is the form that I should prepare to make sure that my lucene works perfectly as a normal search engine in other sites.

Thanks
Uma
Java Developer
http://www.javagalaxy.com

Re: I need help with lucene

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Try reading Lucene's getting started guide.

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/gettingstarted.html

--Peter