Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2016/09/30 03:54:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.16.0 API Artifacts

All,
I have packaged up and staged the API jar/source artifacts from Apache
Aurora 0.16.0
release using publishToMavenLocal, signing them with my gpg key and
deployed them to
the Apache staging repo [1]. I propose that we accept this staging repo as
part of
the official Apache Aurora 0.16.0 release artifacts.

Aurora 0.16.0 API artifacts staging repo details include:
---
The branch used to create the staged release candidate artifacts:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=aurora.git;a=tag;h=2475679782231dbd2e44bebf9cac4bc4e2e01b6e

The staged release candidate artifacts are available at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaurora-1003

The GPG key used to sign the release artifacts are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/aurora/KEYS

Please download, verify, and test.

The vote will close on Tuesday Oct 4 12:00:00 EDT 2016

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Aurora 0.16.0 API Artifacts
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Aurora 0.16.0 API Artifacts because...

I would like to get the voting started with my own +1

-Jake

[1]: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaurora-1003

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.16.0 API Artifacts

Posted by John Sirois <js...@apache.org>.
-1 for 3 reasons:

1. No sources:
$ zipinfo ~/desktop/aurora-api-0.16.0-sources.jar
Archive:  /home/jsirois/desktop/aurora-api-0.16.0-sources.jar
Zip file size: 261 bytes, number of entries: 2
drwxr-xr-x  2.0 unx        0 b- defN 16-Sep-29 23:35 META-INF/
-rw-r--r--  2.0 unx       25 b- defN 16-Sep-29 23:35 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
2 files, 25 bytes uncompressed, 29 bytes compressed:  -16.0%

2. No viable way to test: It seems like it would be good to have a small
bit of example code that could consume the jar and use it to talk to the
scheduler - presumably this test setup could be added into the e2e tests.
3. No release automation: A doc at the least, a script ideally.

Of these 3 it makes sense to me that 2 and 3 could be coming later - but
filed issues would be good. Number 1 though should be fixed it seems to me.