Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Flavio Moringa <fl...@caixamagica.pt> on 2013/09/16 17:33:54 UTC

Unmaintained pt.openoffice.org

I,

the Portuguese page isn't being maintained for a while. Although my company
(Caixa Magica Software) had a person in charge (Rui Fernandes) but he isn't
active anymore and we haven't been able to contact him.

How can we change the person in charge of the site maintenance? What are
the procedures?

Cheers

*Flávio Moringa*
Project Leader

Caixa Mágica Software
Energia Open Source
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1 - 4.º B,
Edifício Espanha, 1600-196 Lisboa - Portugal
Tel.: +351 217 921 260 Fax: +351 217 921 261
http://www.caixamagica.pt
https://twitter.com/flaviomoringa
https://www.facebook.com/flaviomoringa<https://www.facebook.com/flavio.moringa>
http://pt.linkedin.com/in/flaviomoringa
http://people.caixamagica.pt/flaviomoringa

Re: Unmaintained pt.openoffice.org

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
There are a couple of people working in the PT locale and Marco is
also working on the dictionaries.

You can simply talk to them through the mailing list (if there is one)
and get yourself to maintain the website.

The next procedure is to start making commits throught the Apache CMS
or SVN. At the moment you can do the commits via bugzilla, just upload
the patches.

If you are a technical savvy guy you could use SVN to perform a
checkout on the site.

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/pt/ pt

The next step is for you to open it on your local browser, and perform
the edits, then perform a patch of the directory:
http://jungels.net/articles/diff-patch-ten-minutes.html

And upload it to an issue on Bugzilla.
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/

If patches are difficult because you are on a windows system or never
had the need, I guess you could just upload the new HTML/CSS in a zip
file.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Unmaintained pt.openoffice.org

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 16/09/2013 Flavio Moringa wrote:
> The Caixa Mágica mirror used to be were the links from the PT site were
> pointing to. There is no need for that in the new site, but we certainly
> would like to be an official mirror. How do we get to be one?

OpenOffice currently uses the SourceForge mirror network. I don't know
if SourceForge supports adding a mirror just for the OpenOffice project,
or even just for the Portuguese version of OpenOffice. CCing Roberto who
surely knows more.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Unmaintained pt.openoffice.org

Posted by Flavio Moringa <fl...@caixamagica.pt>.
I,

those are great news.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Falvio,

On 9/16/13 5:33 PM, Flavio Moringa wrote:
> I,
>
> the Portuguese page isn't being maintained for a while. Although my company
> (Caixa Magica Software) had a person in charge (Rui Fernandes) but he isn't
> active anymore and we haven't been able to contact him.
>
> How can we change the person in charge of the site maintenance? What are
> the procedures?

at Apache things are a little bit different. We don't have specific
responsibilities or roles. Everybody can do everything and it depends on
the skills and the level of engagement.

We are all volunteers more or less and some are paid by a company to be
able to spent even more time on the project.

If you know somebody who might be interested to help with this site just
tell him that she/he should start to communicate with us via the mailing
list. And the best way to get start is to send us patches for the site
and of course to search the dialog with us on the list.

We are open for any kind of help and everybody is welcome to join.

Juergen

Posted by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt>.
Hello Flávio,

The Caixa Mágica web page hasn't been updated since 2006. I believe that
back then the guy in charge was Rui Vilela.

Currently, the persons in charge of the pt_PT dictionaries are from
Minho University.

In the past few years I have been doing my best to help improve the
dictionary, by sending lists of non-existing words to them.

I have also offered myself to improve the Thesaurus, since they didn't
know how to do it. In order to do that I have developed my own tool.

I haven't added many words to the Thesaurus because I have been very
busy with other projects, such as the British dictionary for Mozilla,
and LanguageTool pt_PT.

It would be great if we could get a team of Portuguese guys to update
the pages.

Kind regards,