Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/26 22:17:52 UTC

How to restrict access to cassandra jmx to private network?

Hello

For example if servers in cluster hav etwo network interfaces, one of which
is private (accessible only from local network). Is it possible to bind jmx
to that private interface? On only firewall helps?

Re: How to restrict access to cassandra jmx to private network?

Posted by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>.
2011/2/28 ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>

> 2). Add folow lines into configuration:
>
> -Dcom.playrix.cassandra.management.port=8080
> -Dcom.playrix.cassandra.management.host=<ip to bind to>
> -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=<ip to bind to>
> -javaagent:"/usr/share/java/cassandra-agent.jar"

This is wrong settings, here is right:

 -Dorg.apache.cassandra.management.port=8080
 -Dorg.apache.cassandra.management.host=<ip to bind to>

Posted by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Matt, as result of my investigations is simple javaganet that, bind
to specific network interface, and I want share it with community (if it
will be interested).

How to use:

1). You must disable standard jmx. (i.e. remove all
com.sun.management.jmxremote.* settings)

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Take a look at the bottom of conf/cassandra-env.sh and follow the link to http://blogs.sun.com/jmxetc/entry/troubleshooting_connection_problems_in_jconsole

I think you can bind it to an interface using -Djava.rmi.server.hostname JVM option

Aaron

Posted by Matt Kennedy <st...@gmail.com>.