Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by John Fletcher <jf...@latitudegeo.com> on 2002/04/12 19:43:05 UTC

HTTP access to xml documents

Hello,

Is there a way with xindice to access xml documents from the db using http
from a browser?  Entering http://localhost:4080/db/my_collection/my_document
doesn't return the document, as I suspected.  Is this functionality
available some other way?

Thanks.

John Fletcher

Re: HTTP access to xml documents

Posted by Jan Metzner <ja...@fhm.edu>.
you can use the xincon servlet:
http://www.mucl.de/~jmetzner/xincon/

ciao Jan

Posted by Luis Argerich <lr...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, I was cut & pasting the config line from the README file, both
handlers work
fine together. Tum-di-dum :-)

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.

Posted by John Fletcher <jf...@latitudegeo.com>.
Kimbro,

Thanks so much!  That is exactly what I was looking for.  Suddenly xindice
becomes incredibly more useful for our application.

Jan, thanks as well - your code looks useful, I'll have to try it as well
sometime.

John Fletcher

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
There's a plugin to do it.