Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by titou10 titou10 <ti...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/11 22:07:39 UTC

DeltaSpike roadmap? + "can we help" ?

Hi,
Q: is there a roadmap somewhere that describe the next milestones for
DeltaSpike?

We are about to start a new project based on our new dev stack based
on JSF 2.0/CDI/WebSphere v8.5 + DS (and CODI in the meantime). Our
previosu stack is based on Seam 2/JSF 1.2/WAS v7.0

I know that the answer is probably "it will be available when it will
be ready"... but we would know when we can expect DS to be at least in
a beta state, at least for the JPA and JSF modules.

Also is it possible at this time to participate to the development of
DS in order to maybe acceleerate the development if needed or is the
project still in a state that does not accommodate extra commiters?
What are the needs for the project in this area?

Thx.
Denis Forveille aka titou10

Re: DeltaSpike roadmap? + "can we help" ?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi denis,

if you use the default behaviour (= transaction-type resource-local),
you just need to inject the entity-manager and call
EntityManager#getTransaction and then EntityTransaction#setRollbackOnly.

codi scopes will get added for sure (it's just a matter of time, since we
will align the window-handling with jsf 2.2).
(for now you can use codi in parallel.)

i'll talk with ed about the @ViewScoped topic you mentioned.

we have a jsf-message integration already and we don't plan to change the
basic approach without a good reason (keeping messages across redirects
depends on #2).

if you would like to help with examples, please start a new thread about it.

sometimes you get new ideas while writing examples and/or documentation.
-> if something changes, we have to update those parts (that can happen
until v1).
however, there are several parts with a quite stable api.

regards,
gerhard

Posted by titou10 titou10 <ti...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.