Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> on 2011/09/08 00:22:29 UTC

Developer Educaiton Day - Kudos!

Howdy..

Wanted to give a little recognition to the many folks helping work on
the application today... for new users of OpenOffice.org or a even a bit
more seasoned - howdy.

today the folks at the new Apache OpenOffice Incubator project [1] held
their first hacker event - called a 'Developer Education'[2] day.

Participants posted to the new development mailing list all day long
(still are as I write this) with status remarks about their build, from
all over the world, along with use of the long standing community IRC
channels. With help from the new community members sharing their
experience folks reported successful builds of the application on
numerous different operating systems, with different configuration.

Using source code files (nearly all) coming out of freshly migrated
repositories at Apache Software Foundation,[3] rather then Oracle
archives.

Great stuff to see, for sure. Kudos to all those who participated!

//drew

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg

[2]
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_org_developer_education

[3] http://apache.org/

Re: Developer Educaiton Day - Kudos!

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@openoffice.org>.
Hi I rt it on the official tweeter channel.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:22 PM, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:

> Howdy..
>
> Wanted to give a little recognition to the many folks helping work on
> the application today... for new users of OpenOffice.org or a even a bit
> more seasoned - howdy.
>

> today the folks at the new Apache OpenOffice Incubator project [1] held
> their first hacker event - called a 'Developer Education'[2] day.
>
> Participants posted to the new development mailing list all day long
> (still are as I write this) with status remarks about their build, from
> all over the world, along with use of the long standing community IRC
> channels. With help from the new community members sharing their
> experience folks reported successful builds of the application on
> numerous different operating systems, with different configuration.
>
> Using source code files (nearly all) coming out of freshly migrated
> repositories at Apache Software Foundation,[3] rather then Oracle
> archives.
>
> Great stuff to see, for sure. Kudos to all those who participated!
>
> //drew
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg
>
> [2]
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/apache_openoffice_org_developer_education
>
> [3] http://apache.org/

*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol
http://es.openoffice.org
fingerprint: E62B CF77 1BEA 0749 C0B8 50B9 3DE6 A84A 68D0 72E6