Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1996/07/09 06:45:16 UTC

Apache 1.1.1 released

* I've created the distribution file for Apache 1.1.1.
* I've changed the various files on the website to reflect
  this release.
* I just finished commiting the version change to 1.1.2-dev.

What is the concensus about public announcment?

Apache 1.1.1 released

Posted by Paul Richards <p....@elsevier.co.uk>.
Randy Terbush writes:

 > * I've created the distribution file for Apache 1.1.1.
 > * I've changed the various files on the website to reflect
 >   this release.
 > * I just finished commiting the version change to 1.1.2-dev.
 > What is the concensus about public announcment?

bugger, no-one tagged the 1.1.1 release. You'll have a hard time ever
getting it out of cvs now!

*DON'T* bump the version number ever again until the release is actually
being packaged and then *immediately* tag the tree to mark that release
point.

I'll go and clean this up.

Re: Apache 1.1.1 released

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> * I've created the distribution file for Apache 1.1.1.

Um... did you read http://hyperreal.com/httpd/how-to-release.html? It
doesn't look like it... I made one earlier today and put it in /httpd/dist
(as my email said) - why didn't you just use that?

> * I've changed the various files on the website to reflect
>   this release.

Please give an indication on the main page of what's changed. Using the
exact same language as the 1.1 release doesn't exactly give me the warm
fuzzies - if I was a user, I'd defenitely be wondering why there's
suddenly a new version. Tell me. Say "This version fixes several problems
with Apache 1.1.0, including a fix for a problem with Redirect statements
in .htaccess files, MultiViews' interaction with AddHandler, and a new
version of mod_auth_msql". Or some such.

(and defenitely take out the "stable and bug-free" stuff - that turned out
not to be true of 1.1.0, so saying it about 1.1.1 is just inviting Bad
Things).

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server