Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Seth Ladd <se...@brivo.net> on 2002/05/31 17:42:16 UTC

Sending Fault to Client?

Hello,

I was hoping someone could clear up my understanding of how to send a
Fault to a client.  If something goes wrong in my service, how do I
communicate this with the client?  I believe I just throw (any?)
exception from my service's method.  Axis then picks that up, and
translates that to a SOAP fault?  How do I do a mapping between these
exceptions and the fault code they generate?

I must have missed something in the documentation.

Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much,
Seth