Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2010/11/25 08:44:59 UTC

ServiceMix 4.3 release roadmap

Hi all,

I would like to make a checkpoint on the ServiceMix 4.3 release.

1/ Release ServiceMix Utils 1.3.0
Regarding the Jira tasks, we don't have blocking issues on utils.
I propose to release it today.

2/ Release JBI Maven Plugin 4.4
Regarding the Jira tasks, we don't have blocking issues on JBI maven plugin.
I propose to release it today.

3/ Upgrade to Karaf 2.1.1 and ServiceMix Specs 1.6.0
As Karaf 2.1.1 is quite released and ServiceMix Specs 1.6.0 has been
release, I propose to check in all ServiceMix modules that we use it.

4/ ServiceMix Components 2010.02
I propose to gear up components release. I'm gonna make a review on
components' Jira tasks to see the one that should be included in the
2010.02 release.
I would like to include two news components too: servicemix-ldap (quite
completed) and servicemix-rmi (I have to work on the RMI to XML data
binding).

5/ Documentation and User Manual
I would like to include the "new" documentation, especially the user
guide in the release.
Gert raised all Jira tasks around that. I will pick up some to
create/update the user guide. Any help is welcome :)

6/ Website promotion
Lukasz made a great work on the ServiceMix logo and website.
I think that we have to promote it as soon as possible. It will give
more visibility on ServiceMix 4 and should increase the users community.
Is there any blocking point about this ?
@Lukasz, @Gert, @Chris, could we work together about this topic ?

Thoughts ?

Thanks
Regards
JB

Re: ServiceMix 4.3 release roadmap

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Jamie,

No problem at all, we still have a jbi-maven-plugin and JBI component
set to vote on before we get to the NMR/Features stage, so we'll
gladly pick up Karaf 2.1.2 by the time we get there.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 3/

The vote for Karaf 2.1.2 is almost over (in the next few hours) and
looks like it will pass :) The 2.1.2 contains a bunch of bug fixes
that I think Servicemix users would appreciate having resolved.

Apache Karaf 2.1.2 release notes:
http://karaf.apache.org/karaf-212-release.html

If all goes well I'll have the latest version promoted this afternoon.
As this would be a fresh release would you want to hold back for a
little while in order to pick it up, or better to go with the
established 2.1.1 release?

2010/11/25 Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>:
> Hi I have nothing to say in release roadmap (agree with you). The website
> stuff is a bit harder because I don't have webdesigner available. I may help
> with moving static html to scalate but I afraid that my CSS knowledge is not
> sufficient to create cross browser websites. I propose to move this to
> another thread to avoid spamming release plan discussion.
>
> Best regards,
> Lukasz

>>> Regards

Posted by Eric Johnson <em...@fusesource.com>.
Lukasz,
I can help out getting the updated look and feel stuff into the
Scalate template.
Cheers,
Eric j.

--