Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at> on 2009/11/17 23:54:13 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ajp and mod_jk ProxyPassReverse

chuck,

* Chuck.Payne@TravelChannel.com <Ch...@TravelChannel.com> [2009-11-17 17:42]:
> Because we are running productions, as stated on the Apache site in
> BOLD letters, mod_ajp is not for production use. We see our jboss
> down with it.

I see a few references to mod_ajp from 2004 (e.g. in this thread[1])
but I guess you're referring to mod_proxy_ajp here?

Where is that statement to be found? The obvious place
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html did not
feature such a note. Also
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Connectors#Q2 didn't say that.
Since a quick search didn't turn up something, I'd appreciate a
pointer.

cheers,
-peter

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg60479.html

Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ajp and mod_jk ProxyPassReverse

Posted by Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at>.
chuck,

* Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at> [2009-11-17 23:54]:
> * Chuck.Payne@TravelChannel.com <Ch...@TravelChannel.com> [2009-11-17 17:42]:
> > Because we are running productions, as stated on the Apache site in
> > BOLD letters, mod_ajp is not for production use. We see our jboss
> > down with it.
>
> I see a few references to mod_ajp from 2004 (e.g. in this thread[1])
> but I guess you're referring to mod_proxy_ajp here?
>
> Where is that statement to be found? The obvious place
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html did not
> feature such a note. Also
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Connectors#Q2 didn't say that.
> Since a quick search didn't turn up something, I'd appreciate a
> pointer.

I'd still like to know where on "the Apache site" this statement is to
be found, exactly.
Thanks,
-peter