Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2014/02/28 01:52:15 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Lucene/Solr @ ApacheCon (Denver, April 7-9)

(cross posted, please keep any replies to general@lucene)

ApacheCon Denver is coming up and registration is currently open.

In addition to a solid 3 day track of Lucene & Solr related talks, there
are also some post confrence events that are open to anyone even if you
don't attend the confrence proper...

* Registration
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/attend/register

* Schedule of Sessions
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/schedule

* Fast Feather Track
http://s.apache.org/FFT14

(Monday afternoon. This is a series of short talks, ~15 minutes in length,
covering what's new / interesting / exciting / recently changed etc. Tell
us about a new project, a new feature, recent updates, tools we should
know etc. A great chance for new groups and new speakers to experience
giving an ApacheCon talk in a short form and friendly environment, plus
welcoming of old hands too!)

* Hackathon
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/hackathons
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/HackathonNA14

(Every day. There's space for dedicated project hackathons welcoming
of new people, as well as the usual adhoc gatherings. Please sign up if you'll
be doing something you'd like new people to join in with, so attendees can find
out what's available.)

* Lightning Talks
http://sched.co/MKcn0O

(Tuesday night. As ever, we look forward to people entertaining,
informing, challenging and inspiring us, with the odd bit of music or
silliness no doubt too! You have your 5 minutes... Serious technical talks
may be better in the Fast Feather Track.  Jim will collect submissions
before and during the event.)

* BarCamp
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/barcamp
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BarCampApacheDenver

(Thursday. Don't dash off on Wednesday after the last talk, stay to the
Thursday and join the unconfernce! Sessions typically range from about the
ASF and how it works, through new projects, cool tools, handy processes,
things from outside we can learn from, things from inside we can learn
from, what's hot in the incubator, and what's hot in our host city! With
30 minute sessions, you'll never be bored.)

* Project summits
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/extend-the-experience/project-summits-and-meetups
http://s.apache.org/ACNA14Smt

(Thursday and Friday. There's still some space for projects who want to do
their own mini summits, uninterrupted hackathons, talks and more.)

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/